* * * CESAR CORRALES * * *
Cesar Corrales is a Mexican dancer and actor who currently resides in London, UK, and works with the Royal Ballet as a First Soloist.
Cesar’s classical repertoire includes Solor in Makarova’s La Bayadère, Romeo in MacMillan’s Romeo & Juliet, Basilio in Ben Stevenson’s Don Quixote, Franz in Coppelia, Albrecht in Giselle, Hilarion in Akram Kahn’s Giselle, Mercutio in Rudolf Nureyev’s Romeo & Juliet, the Prince in The Nutcracker, Ali and Birbanto in Le Corsaire, to cite a few.
- Previous companies
- Billy Elliot The Musical – 2010 – 2011
- ABT II – 2014
- English National Ballet – 2015 – 2018
- Awards / Appearances
- Cesar Corrales was awarded for the top 10 standout performances of 2010 in Pointe Magazine for his role in Billy Elliot the musical.
- Appeared on the Oprah Winfrey Show as himself (Billy Elliot) 2010
- Prix De Lausanne winner 2013
- Won Grand Prix Award & Artistry Award in Youth America Grand Prix 2014 New York finals.
- Outstanding male performance award in Le Corsaire as Ali at the National Dance Awards Critics Circle 2016.
- Corrales won English National Ballet’s Emerging Dancer & People’s Choice Award 2016.