* * * ENO PEÇI * * *
Eno Peçi was born in Tirana (Albania). He was educated at Ballet Academy of Tirana and at the Ballet School of the Wiener Staatsoper. In 2000, he participated to the summer university of Le Ballet des Jeunes d’Europe, directed by Jean-Charles Gil in France.
In 2000, he joined the Ballet of the Wiener Staatsoper. In 2003 he was appointed Demi-soloist and in 2009 Soloist of the Ballett der Wiener Staatsoper und Volksoper.
Since 2009 Eno Peçi is also active as a Choreographer:
- For choreo.lab (2009) as well as for Junge Choreographen (2012) and (2015) des Wiener Staatsballetts he created “Cut”, “Exitium” and “Pavillion 12/2”.
- For “Origen Festival Cultural” in Switzerland (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018) he created “Ereignis aus Karl’s Leben” , “Exil” , “Jenseits” , ”Tre Fratelli” , “Homo Sapiens” , “Apocalypse”, “Cafe Chinois” , “Der Letzte Walzer” and in July (2019) in Julierpass at the Red Tower he created “Zeitraum”.
- For Stanislavsky Nemirovich-Danchenko Moscow Music Theatre, he created ”Déjà vu’’ (2017).
- For Luxembourg “Gala des Etoiles” he created “Modus” (2015) “Opus 25” (2017) and “Subject (L)” (2018).
- For the Wiener Staatsballett he created “Herzblume” (2013) and “Petruschka“ (2017).
- For Red Ribbon Celebration Concert in Burgtheater (2016) he created “Orpheus and Euridike“.
- For “Albanian Culture Weeks” in Vienna (2017) he created “Malli” a collaboration together with KâZâ ft. The Siblings. He created in 2015 piece “Exil” and in 2017 “Déjà-vu” had its premiere with the National ballet of Albania in Tirana on November 25th, 2017.
- On February 8th 2018 and February 20th 2020, he did the choreography for the opening ceremony of the “Vienna Opera Ball” for the Wiener Staatsballett and the Ballet Academy of the Wiener Staatsoper.
- For The Future Ball (2018), which was organized for the first time in the SO/Vienna Lifestyle-Hotel, Peçi created a solo for himself.
- For the Weltstar-Gala (2018) in the Volkstheater (Vienna) he created the Pas de deux “Hush” which he was dancing with Olga Esina.
- On March 30th (2019) ”Schwanensee” had Premiere for the Ballett Chemnitz in Germany; Eno Peçi was responsible for the choreography and staging (1st and 3rd acts; 2nd and 4th acts after Lew Iwanow).
- For the 6th Chemnitzer Ballett Benefiz Gala on 11 May (2019) Peçi was creating the Pas de deux “Rain”.
- For the Gala D’Etoiles Internationales “Viva Maïa“ in Palais des Festivals et des Congrès in Cannes on June 29th, 2019, Peçi created the Duo “Fragment” (Music: John Perkins), which he was dancing together with Ketevan Papava.
- Together with the pianist Maria Radutu he created the evening “Piano & Dance” in MuTh theater – Vienna, on October 2nd, 2019.
- His in 2015 created piece EXIL had its premiere with the National Ballet of Kosovo in Prishtina on December 5th, 2019. In the same month his “Opus 25” and “Déjà-vu” have been shown in Schloss Thalheim in Kapelln (Austria) with the Choreo Center Europe & Europaballett.
Prizes and Honours:
- Appointment to an Honourable Ambassador of the Republic of Albania in (2008).
- The Highest Award from the Mayor of the City Hall in Albania: “The Key Of Tirana” (2017) In (2018) he was Honoured by the President of Albania with the Highest Title “Knight of the Order of Skanderbeg”.
- In (2019) he was Honoured from the President of Austria with the “Honorable Cross for Science and Art” (Österreichischen Ehrenkreuzes für Wissenschaft und Kunst.